Executive Inquiry Leader, ECR VP Inquiries (VPI) team
The India (IN) Executive Customer Relations (ECR) team is part of the WWCS org and works on behalf of Amazon executives to resolve customer issues when the customers escalate to them directly. Occasionally, the Executives request a dive deep/ root cause analysis on customer escalations, which is called as an Inquiry. An inquiry is a ‘Day1 mechanism’ for Amazon to stay closer to the customer anecdote and the objective of an inquiry, in addition to resolve the customer issue, is to systematically escalate and fix the underlying defects to prevent recurrence of a similar escalation. The IN ECR VP Inquiries (VPI) team is responsible for ensuring that all leadership inquiries are routed to the respective owners and tracked to closure. The VPI team acknowledges the leadership inquiries and establishes the first contact with the customer within 24 hours to solve the customer issue. While the team tracks all SIMs for closure, it dives deep on CS-related summaries, where the underlying root cause is within the CS.
The Executive Inquiry Leader is an individual contributor role and will be responsible for owning an inquiry from start to finish, dive deep into customer issues building the complete history of customer contacts and preparing the interim/ final responses to the requesting executive following the narrative style format. The Executive Inquiry Leader is required collaborate with regional and global stakeholders within and outside WWCS to identify process standards and drive process improvement initiatives, including the scoping and implementation of projects stemming from escalations and effectively communicate with both internal and external customers by adjusting your communication style to your audience. An ideal candidate for this role should have proven expertise in communication skills, analytical approach and logical reasoning, complex problem solving, stakeholder management including PR, Public Policy and Legal counsels.
The core functions of the Executive Inquiry Leader include:
1. Build detailed customer contact timeline, identify defects leading to the escalation and engage with stakeholders to finalize the root cause analysis and corrective/ preventive measures.
2. Acknowledge requests from Amazon executives (Directors and VPs) and timely communicate with an update/ response for their question.
3. Raise coaching requests and coordinate with CS sites for corrective actions/ closure within the defined SLA.
4. Focus on creating scalable, innovative solutions for current or new opportunities found through listening to customer feedback.
5. Draft executive level summaries in a narrative style format/ 5 why analysis of the defects along with the corrective/ preventive measures.
6. Ability to identify defects, assess scope of the issue, frame a problem statement by analyzing customer contact data and collaborate with POCs for improving or simplifying customer experience.
7. Identify potential brand risk basis customer contacts or escalations and consult Legal/ PR team for guidance on CS strategy.
8. Serves as a role model by displaying good judgment, a positive work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, and adherence to company policies and a bar raiser on customer delight.
1. Bachelor Degree (Any Stream) or advanced college education.
2. Fluency in English language. Proficient written and verbal communication and possess confidence to engage with the senior leadership in a time efficient manner.
3. Minimum of 4 years’ experience in customer service, operations management or escalations management.
4. Minimum of 4 years’ experience in project management.
5. Detail-oriented, analytical, proactive approach to problem-solving and identification.
6. Ability to translate technical jargon into everyday language and write executive summaries for senior leaders.
7. Ability to understand metrics, devise metrics to measure performance and drive improvement.
8. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence without authority on shared goals.
9. Working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
10. Strongly advocate for customer experience by challenging status quo and pursues opportunities for reducing customer effort.
11. Self-directed worker and Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced work environment.
12. Proven experience of solving problems and creating sustainable framework in an ambiguous and fast-paced work environment.
1. Strong writing skills
2. Problem Solving skills
3. Project and Program management experience
4. Experience with MS Excel, MS Word
5. Six Sigma Certification (not mandatory)
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.