Transportation Specialist Japanese
About the job
NOC (Network Operation Center) is the central command and control center for ‘Transportation Execution’ across the Amazon Supply Chain network supporting multiple geographies like NA, India and EU. It ensures hassle free, timely pick-up and delivery of freight from vendors to Amazon fulfillment centers (FC) and from Amazon FCs to carrier hubs. In case of any exceptions, NOC steps in to resolve the issue and keeps all the stakeholders informed on the proceedings. Along with this tactical problem solving NOC is also charged with understanding trends in network exceptions and then automating processes or proposing process changes to streamline operations. This second aspect involves network monitoring and significant analysis of network data.
Overall, NOC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon transportation and thereby has a direct impact on Amazon’s ability to serve its customers on time.
A Transportation Specialist Japanese at NOC facilitates flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolves any potential issues with Japanese Ops teams that impact customer experience and business continuity.
Key job responsibilities
Fluency in Japanese Language, Communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers)
- Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed is a plus.
- Develop and/or understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
- Ability to scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by NOC.
- Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data.
- Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
- Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one may be required to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
Providing real-time customer experience by working in 24*7 operating environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding & responding in Japanese Language
- 12-24 months of work experience.
- Good communication skills – Trans Ops Specialist will be facilitating flow of information between external stakeholders
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel (pivot tables, vlookups)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team in a very dynamic environment
1 – Logistics background and lean/six sigma training.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.