Home Instead Geelong
Colac In-home CAREGiver
Full Job Description
Do you live in and around the Colac Region?
Are you looking for a flexible role where you can earn an income and have the opportunity to make a lasting difference in someone’s life?
If so, we would LOVE to hear from YOU!!
Home Instead is a leading provider of high-quality, relationship-based in-home care for ageing adults. Home Instead Geelong was founded by Giovanni and Giselle Siano in 2018 and employs over 340 people in the local community. We help with a range of personal and lifestyle needs while providing welcome companionship for ageing adults. Services include assistance with personal care, light household duties, meal preparation, medication reminders, and transport to appointments, shopping and social outings. We also provide specialist care within the following domains: Dementia, Parkinson’s disease, MND, MS and Palliative care at home.
Home Instead Geelong was named as Geelong’s ‘Business of the Year 2021’ and received the ‘Emerging Business (under 3 years) award in the Geelong Business Excellence Awards, a prestigious award which celebrates the achievements of businesses in the Geelong region.
We are seeking reliable, empathetic and compassionate CAREGivers to provide non-medical assistance to seniors in their own home. Services available are from as little as 2 hours per day, to NIGHT SHIFTS and 24h live-in care services!
The range of services we provide includes personal care, domestic assistance, meal preparation, medication reminders, respite, shopping, transport, companionship, overnight sleepovers and 24h live-in care.
Home Instead Geelong assist their clients from 2 hours to 24-hours a day 7 days a week. We service the Colac and Geelong region (including Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast), and Ballarat areas. We are recruiting CAREGivers for all areas. If you are successful you will be scheduled to attend client’s home near to your location.
What’s on offer?
- Comprehensive on-the-job, in class and online training provided by our in-house world class trainers!
- Personal CAREGiver Coach and Peer Mentor available to support you along your journey!
- Above award wages, paid travel time & travel allowance of 92c/km in between clients.
- The opportunity to obtain a Cert III and/or Cert IV in Ageing Suppport & Disability on the job, earn while your learn!! (Government funded to eligible candidates).
- Regular clients within your local area, flexibility of setting your own hours, school hours are welcome.
- “Care Again” Program to increase confidence and skills (structured 12 week program for employees who have been out of the workforce for >12 months).
- The opportunity to make a lasting difference in someone’s life.
- A supportive team local to you.
- 24-hour phone and email support from our office based in Geelong West.
- Cert III in Individual Support
- Clear National Police Check
- An insured, clean vehicle and Drivers Licence is required.
- A smartphone.
- COVID vaccination
- Personal CAREGiving experience (formal or informal) will be highly regarded.
- A second language is highly desirable.
- We welcome applications from caring individuals of all ages.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Part-time hours: 10 – 38 per week
Salary: $29.00 – $70.00 per hour
- Employee mentoring program
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Flexible hours
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Public holidays
- Shift work
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Penalty rates
- Have a reliable car with third party insurance
- COVID Vaccination (Required)
- VIC Driver Licence (Required)
- Australia (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.