National University of Singapore
Scientific Officer, Department of Chemistry
Full Job Description
Location: SCIENCE, Kent Ridge Campus, SG
Company: National University of Singapore
The incumbent will provide support to the Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following –
- Responsible for sourcing and procurement of assigned items.
- Key owner of the vendor relationship, owns and resolves supply chain issues such as backorder resolution, open order expediting, lead time management, vendor production issues, etc.
- Warehouse management and stock management.
- Proactively analyses and makes suggestions with regard to replenishment and inventory management strategies.
- Handle the issuing of stocks to department users, and maintain stock data in internal software.
- Answer queries or complaints on products.
- Assist in department waste disposal and asset disposal activities.
- Inventory and asset management of equipment.
- Preparation for practical classes in teaching laboratories.
- Providing guidance and advice to students/researchers in the service lab.
- Running of sample and performing analysis in the service lab.
- Undertake any other ad hoc duties/tasks as assigned.
- Degree, preferably in Chemistry or Science related field.
- Experience in handling logistics and supply chain.
- Good understanding of NEA and Workplace Safety and Health regulations and safety compliance.
- Meticulous and patient.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills and possess the ability to analyse data.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Remuneration is based on a 12-month salary structure, with annual variable bonus which is subject to incumbent’s performance and the University/School’s prevailing remuneration policies.
- The incumbent will be emplaced at an appropriate appointment grade based on his/her individual merits.
- To expedite application processing, a copy of academic certificates and transcripts from GCE O-level onwards should be uploaded via the online application portal.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.