Data Associate I/II (only Dutch Language Speakers), ML Data Ops
Whenever a customer visits Amazon and types in a query or browses through product categories, Amazon Search services go to work. Human Labeled Data (HLD) organization helps Search services in providing a better customer search experience by delivering quality data annotation to help improve AI/ML models driving these services.
Our vision is to create business value by delivering high quality data at scale. We look to provide easy and scalable labeling solution to support search that are high quality, cost efficient, and secure. Our vision is to enable improvement in the search experience for our customers, by accurately determining labels for products targeted by the search queries received. We collaborate closely with several machine learning (ML) applied science teams that develop and test ML models to improve the quality of semantic matching, ranking, computer vision, image processing, and augmented reality.
We are looking for highly motivated and talented candidates who will provide and/or review high quality data annotation for variety of workflows. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong analytical & communication skills, attention to details, and a commitment to excellence.
Key job responsibilities
As a Data Associate I/II (Dutch), your will be responsible for providing timely and quality data annotation for a variety of workflows. The tasks therefore will be repetitive in nature and will require the candidate to make quick decisions keeping in mind the provided guidelines. You will also be a part of other initiatives across process improvements, SoP and guidelines formulation, diving deep to provide data insights as and when required. Your key responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the below:
• Works on complex processes and provides high quality data annotation
• Operates with autonomy
• Leverages / demonstrates expertise in handling end-to- end processes and related tools; uses them to identify operational issues
• Trains new hires on process tasks and provides feedback to the training team to customize training modules, if applicable
• Performs audits and quality checks of tasks completed by junior associates, if required
• Creates standard defined reports, i.e., weekly, monthly process reports for internal team’s consumption
• Identifies issues and proactively reports operational challenges
• Contributes to root cause analysis and escalation management
• Creates , updates and follows SOP/flow of processes
• Identifies process improvement opportunities (enhancements and pain points) at process/ function level
• Demonstrates the ability to handle small-scale process improvement projects
• Communicates to external stakeholders on pre-defined guidelines with data and resolves issues with minimal guidance
• Contribute in mentoring / training junior data associates on an ongoing basis
• Troubleshooting issues related to process and conduct root cause analysis if required
• Graduate or equivalent with a minimum of 0-5 years of working experience
• Proficient in Dutch language. Candidate must demonstrate language proficiency in all the following: verbal, writing, reading and comprehension. Required language level: B2.2/BA/Advanced Diploma
• Good English language proficiency: verbal, writing, reading and comprehension;
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
• Demonstrated passion for delivering a positive customer experience, and maintain composure in difficult situations
• Ability to effectively and efficiently complete challenging goals or assignments
• Basic to Intermediate level of Excel skills
• Familiarity with online retail (e-commerce industry)
• Experience in detailed web search and content classification
• Working knowledge of SQL and Machine learning will be an added advantage
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.