We have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Electrical Engineer with Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 25+ years of experience on basic and detailed design and project co-ordination of Electrical works on mainly M&M projects and OG&C and infra project will an added advantage.
Should have executed at least two, medium to large size EPC projects (M&M), as Electrical Lead / Engineering Group Supervisor in an engineering office or consultancy of repute. Has a good knowledge of Electrical System and Physical design, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating with other technical disciplines. Candidate should have exposure to Indian, US, Euro and other foreign codes/standards and local practices. Working knowledge for Renewable projects would be an added advantage.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals, design criteria,
specifications, budget and schedules for projects of varying complexity.
2. Assist and provide guidance to engineers to perform conceptual design, System study and Equipment sizing, protection study, single line diagram, Metering and protection diagram, Cable sizing, earthing calculations, protection coordination study
3. Assist and provide guidance to engineers/designer to perform detail design, substation layout, main cable route, A/G tray and underground layouts, lighting, earthing, cable schedule etc.
4. Assist and provide guidance to engineers for MR/SR preparation, bid analysis and make recommendation
5. Reviews bid analyses and makes recommendation.
6. Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers and provide input for their performance evaluation.
7. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Possess a broad understanding of the major design engineering deliverables.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work in a project or staff group
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Is conversant with use of applicable design codes governing Electrical systems, Equipment, and Physical design
- Design, Engineering of Smelter which includes Rectiformers, Potline ,cast house, carbon ,Compressor and material handling.
- Having sound knowledge of HV, MV and LV switchgear electrical equipment, MV/LV motors, Transformers, Rectiformer, SCADA etc.
- Shall have good knowledge of power system study, protection study, metering and protection diagram, electrical SCADA.
- Shall be able to guide designer and engineer to perform physical deliverable potline, cast house, substation layout, main cable route etc.
- Coordinates engineering effort in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the engineering discipline.
- Skill in oral and written communication and writing technical reports.
1. Minimum 4-year degree from an accredited college program in Electrical Engineering.
2. Site experience will be an added advantage.
Experience: 25+ years of relevant work experience
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.