Full Job Description
is looking to hire a digital and offline events manager to work with our team. We work in a specialised domain, so please do read the post below.
As an events manager, you’ll find yourself working closely with all our teams – Editorial, Sales and Marketing, and Systems. You will learn to prioritise work for events, develop a deep understanding of events work (especially digital), learn new software, coordinate with marketing, editorial and systems for end-to-end event management for creation, work with sponsors, and develop strategies for efficient and timely execution of best-in-class events.
Your key responsibilities:
- All activities related to the event, across editorial, marketing, systems and sales, with strong follow up to ensure on-time execution of all tasks.
- All registrations and attendee coordination using Google Forms, Gmail and Mailchimp, including invitations, confirmations, and reminders
- Setting up and running events using Zoom, Google Meet or equivalent
- All engagement with speakers and sponsors, including scheduling of calls in a timely manner.
- All Partners for promotions of event
- Post event coordination with sponsors and partners
- Operations, sales and marketing systems for events, in addition to existing systems
- Marketing collateral for promotion of events, in coordination with the marketing team
- MediaNama’s audience and client base to optimise our event programming
- Event data to aid with increasing efficiency and improving operations
- New platforms, new skills, new software to improve delivery of events
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Proficient knowledge of Google Tools, including Google Forms, Calendar, Gmail, Google Drive, Documents, Spreadsheets, Slides
- Proficient knowledge of video conferencing software including Zoom and Google Meet
- Working knowledge of live video streaming platforms like Restream
- Working knowledge of email marketing software, especially Mailchimp
- Working knowledge of graphic design platforms like Canva
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong listening, observational and analytical skills, understanding customer environment and requirements.
- In all things Internet and technology, with a keen interest in working online.
- Your own laptop with a functional webcam and audio setup
- A fast broadband internet connection with back-up
- Learning mindset: Immense drive for learning and growth. You should be someone who wants to keep learning and doing new things.
- Execution mindset: Speed is important. Delivering is what matters.
- Ethical approach: We work in an ethical and honest manner, with transparency and accountability to ourselves and our readers.
- Reader/Client focus: What matters most to us, is that MediaNama’s clients and community of readers benefit from our work.
- Love for the Internet: MediaNama’s team cares about the open Internet, and take great pride in the impact that it has on the domain that we cover.
Remuneration: INR 30,000 – 45,000 per month
(Note: Application form requires a Google sign in)
We’re a leading online media company providing analysis and news on developments in Digital/Technology Policy. We provide our readership of policy leaders, business leaders, government officials and citizens with incisive inputs on Indian and global technology policy developments across the digital industry, with a primary focus on India. We organise discussions with our community of policy professionals, and produce reports on subjects relevant for a technology policy audience.
We’re here to make a difference. Our journalism is a form of public service. Our mandate is to help create a digital ecosystem in India that is open, fair and competitive. Our coverage of the digital space in India has breadth, depth and impact.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹30,000.00 – ₹45,000.00 per month
- Day shift
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.