FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVER
Full Job Description
Employer: Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler
Position: Food and Beverage Server
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Whistler, British Columbia
Employment Address: 4591 Blackcomb Way, Whistler BC, V8E 0Y4 Canada
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Extended Health Coverage/benefits (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, retirement plan etc.) after probationary period. Access to affordable shared staff housing both on-site and off-site.
Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc. Wellness/Leisure Program (Choice of Ski Pass or the dollar value of the ski pass paid). Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room, Retirement plan with employer contribution; Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year; Excellent training and development program; Discovery Nights at Four Seasons worldwide.
Salary: $16.7 5 to $1 7 . 75 / hour
Contact: Please send resumes to P&C.firstname.lastname@example.org and include “ Food & Beverage Server” in the email subject line
- Food and Beverage Servers will ensure all In Room Dining orders received are taken and delivered flawlessly. Starting with making sure the respective workspaces are ready for service.
- Answer the guests’ orders through all available communication methods (phone, chat, etc..).
- Ensure the customer order is prepared according to Four Seasons standards and to the guests’ liking; anticipating guest needs, ascertaining satisfaction, offering suggestions, and responding urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
- The Food and Beverage Server will be responsible for delivering orders to guests’ room(s) while continuing to secure the highest level of service. After greeting the guests, the server will discretely and at guest’s liking, setup the service table in room, present items using interesting, appropriate, and vivid descriptions of the items ordered, remove (depending on guests’ preferences) any hot item from the hot boxes and make sure nothing is missing for guests’ satisfaction
- Clear understanding of the menus will be crucial when describing each item’s origin correctly, taste & preparation methods. Options for service table, plates and glassware removal will be communicated to guests in a clear and concise manner. All this will be done in a timely fashion to guarantee proper food quality and guests’ satisfaction and according to all applicable standards.
- Ensure guests checks are properly and accurately closed, securing room numbers, names and signatures. Void checks, complimentary meals and other recovery situations will also be handled accordingly.
- Gathering and transporting all supplies needed for set-ups of functions, setting all tables and back of house prep spaces according to service standards, preparing the proper mise- en -place for any event and serving all food and beverage according to all standards set forth by Four Seasons.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy trays and furniture based on the needs of the function
- Hospitality education is strongly preferred but experience in a luxury environment may substitute.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a luxury hotel/resort/food & beverage service establishment for Server
- Passion for food & beverage service
- Ability to stand on feet for long hours
- Ability to lift tables, chairs and other food & beverage equipment for setup
- Strong command of the English language.
- Excellent commitment to service and teamwork.
- Ability to obtain a clean criminal record check.
- As our hotel is open 24/7, 365 days a year, we expect our service team to be flexible in working mornings, evenings, weekends, overnights and holidays.
- Great attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Join Our Team
Join our dynamic, diverse team at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler as a Food & Beverage Server .
Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. We are looking for someone with excitement and dedication in serving our guests. Satisfying our guests depends on the united efforts of many, we are most effective when we work together cooperatively, respecting each other’s contribution and importance.
Be ready for a Canadian experience! At Four Seasons Resort Whistler, we fill guest’s days with exhilarating adventures on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and Employee days with happiness and thrilling working experience. We aim not only to be the best Resort to stay in Canada but also the greatest place to work! We offer 273 newly refurbished elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury Spa and top-rated restaurants.
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year.
Our guest rooms are spacious, beautifully re-styled in December 2019, the refurbished rooms and suites pay close attention to the unique placement of Whistler – a secluded retreat, just an hour and a half away from the international destination of Vancouver.
In December 2020, we completed a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design.
About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.