Michael Garron Hospital
Porter (Environmental Services)
Full Job Description
Under the direction of Facility Services Management, the Porter is responsible for assisting the transport of patients and materials throughout the Hospital as directed while focusing on safe work practices, high quality work and excellent customer service. The Porter’s duties include transporting patients for diagnostic tests and between patient units, as well as transporting specimens, blood work, medication, linen, equipment and mail within the Hospital.
The Porter also responds to Code Blue, Code Pink and Code Omega.
- Completion of Grade 12 or recognized equivalent;
- BCLS certification an asset.
- 1 year of recent relevant experience (within the last 3 years) in a similar role required; (Healthcare Environment preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (Written/Oral), English fluency required.
- Must be successful in the completion of all mandatory testing for this position with a minimum score of 50% required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical demands of the role with a tolerance for continuous walking, bending, twisting, pulling, pushing and lifting required.
- Demonstrated ability to lift using equipment up to 50kg (110 Ibs) required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service with the ability to engage in a positive way with all patients and clients required.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills is required.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency required, familiar with the daily use of email and the ability to complete iLearn educational modules as required.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the use of technology (such as Vocera, Call Tracking) to respond to client requests is preferred.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to engage positively as part of a team; as well as function well independently is required.
- Knowledge of codes with the ability to respond effectively is preferred.
- Good work and attendance records are mandatory (must meet Hospital standards for attendance).
- Knowledge of the physical layout of the Hospital an asset.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network
(TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH’s policies and practices.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) area requirement of the job unless you have an exemption pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.