Aecon Group Inc.
Human Resources Assistant
Full Job Description
Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
Aecon is an industry leader in the Canadian marketplace in the development and construction of infrastructure. We have a roster of ongoing major projects here and abroad, record backlog diversified across multiple sectors and duration, and a robust pipeline of future project pursuits. We are in a strong market position, and are aiming higher.
Under the general supervision of the Director, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for assisting with projects related to Equity Diversity & Inclusion, Talent Development and Learning. Note: this is a contract position of up to 4 months and is remote. Applicants are welcome from across Canada.
- Create content to support internal and external talent attraction, including LinkedIn, official website, internal SharePoint sites
- Support the analysis of quantitative research tools including: pre-training assessments; diversity census results; post-event surveys
- Identify new collateral for library of curated content (articles, videos) across EDI, leadership, career, etc.
- Review and update job descriptions and advertisements using an inclusion lens (training provided).
- Analyze job profile competencies for development themes.
- Gain experience by assisting in the development of various HR projects in equity, diversity & inclusion, and/or career and talent development, based on student’s areas of interest.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Currently working towards / or recently graduated with a degree or diploma focused on Human Resources, Communications and/or Public Relations, or Human Rights
- Strong interest in Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivation to work in a remote, team environment
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA Act during any step of the application process please click here.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.