Incident Manager – ITIL Framework
About the job
- IG’s Incident Management team is responsible for ensuring Incidents adversely affecting the business are quickly diagnosed, workarounds are determined, proper root cause analysis is performed and actions are taken to ensure that the incident does not reoccur.
- The successful applicant for this role must have strong stakeholder management skills, a strong understand of IT Incident Management and a good understanding of all other Service Management processes
- Quickly determine the severity of Incidents, considering business impact and technical complexity.
- Effectively coordinate the IT resolver groups working on the resolution of incidents.
- Manage all incidents through the incident management lifecycle.
- Deliver clear and accurate communication during all incidents to senior management and business stakeholders
- Chair war rooms or major incident conference calls and ensure they are working to full efficiency in dealing with major incidents
- Prioritize incidents to ensure issues are dealt with relevant to their business impact.
- Maintain accurately up to date records of Incident Management processes and activities.
- Drive improvements to ensure that lessons are learned from incidents and that any work required to prevent a future reoccurrence.
- Understand how IG’s core dealing systems and backend processes work.
- Ability to lead technical conversations with various technical support groups
- Provide training in IT incident management to areas of IT that will benefit from it
- Liaise with Change Management for the deployment of fixes or patches needed
- Analyze Incident records to establish and report on trends which impact IT Service Availability
- Attend Major Incident reviews and provide feedback on how the service was restored
- Provide monthly Incident Management reports to demonstrate the effectiveness of the process
- Liaise with other IT Process functions to ensure a smooth dovetailing of these processes (Change, Release, Problem)
Essential Skills And Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ Years- experience in globally dispersed Service Management teams
- Experience of Incident Management in both B2B and B2C environments
- Experience of managing a wide spectrum of stakeholders and show an ability to manage upwards
- Ability to manage, prioritize and successfully execute multiple tasks and activities
- Demonstrate cross-group collaboration and organization skills
- Eager to learn and quick to learn
- Interest in financial products
- Calm under pressure through demanding challenges.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to follow processes and procedures
- Ability to adapt to changes in processes and products
- Ability to resolve problems and own issues until full resolution
- ITIL V3 Foundation level (Minimum)
- Influencing others without having direct authority
- Acting as the final escalation point for stakeholders
- Management of other vendors and partners that may need to be engaged
- Effective troubleshooting and analytical skills and ability to manage complex and technical projects.
- Experience of data analysis and trending with ability to identify improvements and actions
- Knowledge of troubleshooting financial trading platforms.
- Previous Major Incident experience or operational experience within a mission-critical environment
- ITIL processes and terminology consistent with having completed an ITIL Foundation level course
- Experience of working in a global organization and servicing high value/global customers in different geographical locations
- Experience of delivering within a multiple service support team, in a complex business environment
,This job is provided by Shine.com
Desired Skills and Experience
” root cause”, ” data analysis”, ” v3 foundation”, ” root cause analysis”, ” support groups”, “incident management”, ” change management”, ” problem management”
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.