Strathfield Municipal Council
Parks Team Member
About Strathfield Council
Strathfield Council is centrally located in Sydney’s inner-west, halfway between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD with accessible public transport options and parking available.
As a medium-sized council, we focus on a myriad of Local Government responsibilities which services over 40,000 residents in the Strathfield LGA. Strathfield is home to a myriad of beautiful sports fields and open spaces which is showcased as the pride of the LGA.
Our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability and Safety are at the heart of our organisation and Council emphasises the importance of achieving work-life harmony and developing staff.
To ensure we deliver our vision, we are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Parks Team Member, to join our Open Space Department on a full-time basis.
The purpose of the position of the Parks Team Member is to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team to assist in the maintenance of Council’s parks and open space areas.
To achieve this, the position requires the following duties:
- Undertake general labouring, maintenance and cleaning work, such as grass cutting, edging and manual excavation as directed.
- Operate necessary plant and equipment such as lawn mowers (push and ride-on), edgers, whipper-snippers and other small plant machinery.
- Ensure routine cleaning and maintenance of small plant machinery.
- Comply with Council’s Values statement and guidelines as outlined within our Code of Conduct.
- Comply with Council’s SWMS and WHS procedures as well as conduct risk assessments as required.
- Other duties as requested by the Open Space Supervisor.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Basic working knowledge of procedures or practices in one function. General Schooling, Year 12 Standard or specialist training in one specific subject or skill e.g. completing a TAFE Certificate Levels 1 & 2
- Current Class MR Driver’s License or willingness to obtain
- Certificate for General Construction Induction (CIC – White Card) NSW
- AQF Level 3 Chemical Certificate (Desirable)
- Experience in turf care and maintenance and general labouring including mowing, whipper-snipping, edging and excavation.
- Possess and maintain a level of physical fitness sufficient to undertake the activities of the role.
- Demonstrated commitment to a self-directed work environment and ability to take initiative to ensure gainful and productive work for each working day.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a cooperative and positive manner.
Salary and Conditions:
The salary range for this position is $54,700 – $62,700 p.a +10.5% Super, dependent upon the applicant’s skills and experience.
This position also offers:
- The ability to achieve a flexible, work-life balance with access to Council’s flexible working arrangements;
- Join a dedicated, community focused team, under the leadership of experienced team leaders;
- Employment benefits such as opportunities to develop your career, generous leave entitlements and 10.5% superannuation.
To apply for this job please visit www.counciljobs.com.