Full Job Description
This position provides secretarial, office services and administrative support to the legal team. Legal Secretaries work closely with several assigned attorneys but more generally provide support to the entire legal team and to senior administrative staff.
The position also provides rostered coverage outside regular working hours.
- Performs document production and related tasks and liaises with Word Processing department in New York when additional capacity is required.
- Assists with office services tasks including printing, copying, binding, arranging messenger and courier services, etc.
- Answers phone calls to the office main line and to attorneys’ direct extensions. Ensures all such calls are answered promptly and professionally.
- Arranges conference calls and meetings including booking conference rooms and coordinating technology, refreshments, and other special requirements. Assists to clean and tidy conference rooms once a meeting is concluded.
- Records time entries for self and attorneys promptly.
- Assists in making and/or amending travel arrangements.
- Prepares internal paperwork including expense vouchers, entertainment and travel reports, mail and courier vouchers, etc.
- Covers reception in the receptionist’s absence including providing regular drinks and/or refreshments to meetings.
- Other responsibilities as they may be assigned from time to time.