Full Job Description
What this Job Entails:
Material Handlers are responsible for receiving & inspecting shipments and verifying accurate deliveries against purchase orders. Performing Putaways, inventory asset tagging and documenting assets and accessories in inventory management system. Picking items from shelves to shipment or delivery preparation of products. Material Handlers may also perform order tracking, accessories management, managing assets and accessory deployment. Material Handlers enable ~250k staff around the globe. This is an introductory role in Astreya warehousing services.
- Follows established procedures on routine work
- Requires detailed instructions
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with inventory,asset management and e-recycling.
- Use ticketing systems to report individual work accomplishments and to track metrics.
- Utilize Inventory Data management software to maintain inventory accuracy and workflow.
- Receive and inspect shipments. Verify accurate deliveries against purchase orders while looking for damages, shortages, wrong items and other concerns; notify the appropriate person or vendor.Verify shipments to packing slips.
- Load and unload shipments; loading dock duties as assigned.
- Maintain inventory and budget records; assess department or warehouse needs and order supplies as appropriate; maintain stock records.
- Unbox, stock inventory on shelves, break down packing materials.
- Assist in inventory procedures including the actual total count of stock items and spot check as needed.
- Perform cleanup duties to maintain the warehouse in a safe and orderly manner.
- Contribute to large scale global projects as needed.
- Other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities assigned to this position.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High attention to detail and ability to follow other technicians’ direction to ensure quality.
- Effectively utilize ticket, inventory, and dispatch management systems.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Networks with key contacts outside one’s own area of expertise.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities, conditions, and circumstances while ensuring important deadlines are met.
- Strong organizational skills including effective record-keeping and maintenance techniques.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware with the ability to learn new software.
- Proficiency working with standard desktop PC tools and applications, such as MS Office, MS Outlook, web browsers, etc.
- If applicable at site, ability to operate material handling equipment – pallet jacks and forklifts (if certified) is a plus.
- Understands policies and objectives of the assigned program and corresponding activities.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Basic methods, practices and terminology used in warehouse operations.
- Basic math skills.
- Methods and procedures of storing and loading supplies and equipment.
- Perform physical duties involved in packing, storing and shipping supplies, equipment and other items.
- Lift and move heavy objects and an understanding of proper methods to safely do so.
- Communicate effectively and understand both oral and written directions.
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- Physically assist in moving and racking equipment.
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Must have the ability to perform office-related tasks which may include prolonged sitting or standing
- Must have the ability to move from place to place within an office environment
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively
- Some positions may require occasional repetitive motion or movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and glasses.
What can Astreya offer you?
- Employment in the fast-growing IT space providing you with a variety of career options
- Opportunity to work with some of the biggest firms in the world as part of the Astreya delivery network
- Introduction to new ways of working and awesome technologies
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- Focus on internal promotion and internal mobility – we love to build teams from within
- Free 24/7 accessible Professional Development through LinkedIn Learning and other online courses to give you opportunities to upskill at your own pace
- Education Assistance
- Dedicated management to provide you with on point leadership and care
- Numerous on the job perks
Market competitive compensation and insurance, health, and wellness benefits
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.