Warner Music Group
Coordinator, Licensing Administration (WFH)
Full Job Description
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Coordinator (Clearance/Licensing Admin), Visual Media Licensing
A little bit about our team:
The Visual Media Licensing department represents recorded music sync rights for WMG’s artists and offers clients a comprehensive sync licensing service. They work to serve WMG’s extensive catalog and the company’s frontline record labels by strategically developing new opportunities in film, television, advertising, video games, and new media.
As a Coordinator of Licensing Administration you will have the opportunity to demonstrate and further develop your talents under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment and decisions. This role will directly report to the VP of Licensing Administration and will be working closely with the licensing team as we collectively carry out our routine priorities to meet monthly targets. There will also be daily interaction with external sync clients and other departments within the company. This position will positively impact the team by being organized, proactive and an active contributor of the sync department by integrating a spirited approach to multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Here you’ll get to:
- Prepare sync licenses and invoices for the use of WMG sound recordings in various visual media with an assigned client list
- Analyze, review and resolve license revision requests with clients.
- Track outstanding license executions and receipt of license fees, royalties and other payments from clients.
- Database maintenance
- Generating artist and label sync history reports
- Maintain spreadsheets and reporting functions
- Supporting the greater department through administrative assistance
- Research projects
- Access to a wealth of knowledge of the music industry and the sync business from industry professionals
- Effectively communicate with all colleagues and clients in a manner consistent with the company’s Code of Conduct and core values.
- Digest materials/documents, and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data.
- Perform all tasks necessary to complete the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with an understanding of general business practices.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Exceptional orginazational skills with high attention to detail.
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal),
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, execute tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments while producing quality work with accountability.
- Manage time productively
- Ability to work well on a team.
- Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change or improvements related to department procedures/protocols.
- Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
- Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
We’d love it if you also had:
- A baccalaureate degree with a major in music [music business preferred]
- A minimum of one (1) – two (2) years of experience in the music or entertainment business preferably in sync licensing with some clearance or licensing experience.
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier record labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. Our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
$17.95 to $25.64 Hourly
Job Posting Ranges are included for all California, Colorado, New York, and Washington job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located in CA, CO, NYC and WA. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.