NGO Project Manager
Full Job Description
SOUL(www.soulcharity.org) is a non-governmental organization passionate about bringing holistic change to deprived people. SOUL focuses on education, livelihood, health, and hygiene to drive positive change. We work in the islands of Sundarban, surrounding districts of Kolkata, and among marginalized people in Kolkata. We are 6 years old and a small group of people with common values to usher in economical and social changes.
So far, we have educated more than 70 girls. SOUL has made children healthier, stopped malnourishment, and improved BMI. We have driven behavioral changes in hygiene and lifestyle over thousands of ‘Adivasi’ brothers & sisters across villages in Sunderban. We have carried out multiple relief works during natural calamities. Since the pandemic phase, we have served 7,00,000 food plates with a mission to eradicate hunger and malnutrition.
We have an amazing opportunity to scale up the change. Sounds interesting? Talk to us.
Job Shift -Day time
Working Hours- Full Time
Minimum Education- Bachelor’s Degree (Sociology) /Master of Sociology
Minimum Experience – 2 Years of NGO project Management or exp. on the relevant fields.
Required Travel – 30%
Project duties and responsibilities :
The draft roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
1. Developing programs/projects/Activities.
2. Ensure proper professional relationships with stakeholders, beneficiaries, and local coordinators.
3. Perform other duties that may be required by SOUL Programs Manager and Senior management.
Take the meeting minutes, and Plan the projects :
1. Define the scope of the projects in collaboration with senior management.
2. Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to complete the project.
3. Determine the time, equipment, etc required to complete the projects.
4. Review the Project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project’s activities; revise the schedules as required.
5. Determine the objectives and measures upon which the projects will be evaluated at their completion.
Implement the projects :
1. Execute the projects according to the project’s plans.
2. Develop forms and records to document project activities.
3. Set up files to ensure that all projects information is appropriately documented and secured
4. Monitor the progress of the projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the projects.
5. Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders/ the donor including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the projects.
6. Review the quality of the work completed with the project’s teams regularly to ensure that it meets the project standards, targets, and objectives.
7. Manage the transfer of Projects deliverables, files, equipment, and materials as per the standards of donor’s procedures
8. Provide direction and leadership in advocating project objectives and in ensuring that all interested parties are well informed about the project’s activities and goals.
9. Identify any support and advice required for the management, planning, and control of the Projects
10. Responsible for writing scheduled high-quality narrative and indicator reports for the ongoing project.
Control and evaluate the project :
1. Write reports on the projects for management and funders.
2. Ensure that projects related docs are up to date.
3. Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, and at the required level of quality.
4. Evaluate the outcomes of the projects as established during the planning phases.
5. Conduct personnel evaluation performances every 4 months or as required.
7. Ensure the quality of outputs and results with optimal monitoring mechanisms; establish effective coordination, monitoring, information sharing, and reporting systems.
1. Ensure proper professional relationships with relevant national and international partner agencies, and relevant meetings.
2. Responsible for representing SOUL’s strategic objectives, mission, and values in a highly professional manner.
3. Plan community–based activities and ensure SOUL’s visibility, voice, mission, and values are reachable to communities, national and international organizations, donors, and governmental entities.
4. Responsible for project staff capacity building and development and plan and administer training as needed and related fields.
5. Responsible for data analyzing of reports of all project’s components and briefing programs manager weekly.
6. Take action to mitigate any risks facings projects implementations, activities, staff, and beneficiaries. Report on such risks immediately.
7. Ensure all required project close-out documents are obtained, and all narrative reports are done promptly.
8. Maintain flexibility to take any added responsibility as and when needed.
9. Responsible for conducting assessments and gathering data to identify geographical and humanitarian response gaps and areas of focus for Humanity‘s programming.
PROFILE REQUIRED/PREFERRED :
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology/ MSW from a reputed university.
2. Fe/male applicant.
3. At least 2 years experience in project management in the social sector.
2. Fluent in Bengali
5. Advanced communication skills, including active listening skills and strong command of English writing & Speaking.
6. Exceptional professionalism, interpersonal skills, and ability to work collegially with team members and stakeholders.
7. Ability to represent the organization and its objectives in a highly professional and responsible manner.
8. Ability to allocate and review priorities to meet deadlines.
9. Proven ability to draft, edit and produce written proposals and results-focused reports
10. Flexibility in approach and an ability to adapt to varying demands and work hours
11. Ability to identify problems and resolutions.
12. Ability to work unsupervised.
13. Proficiency in MS Office.
14. Passionate about bringing social change, self-driven, great team worker, and willing to go beyond key responsibilities and undertake additional tasks to support SOUL’s transformational journey.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹200,000.00 – ₹250,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- total work: 2 years (Required)
- Nonprofit management: 2 years (Required)
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.