ECON Healthcare Group
Full Job Description
Established since 1987, ECON Healthcare Group celebrates more than 30 years of commitment to quality healthcare and eldercare services this year. As a regional provider for integrated healthcare servcies in Singapore, Malaysia and China, the Group incorporates a chain of medicare centres and nursing homes, hospital services, a careskill training centre, a chain of senior services centres, home care services, ambulance services, physiotherapy services and traditional Chinese medicine services. The Group also provides consultancy for the development and management of retirement living communities.
The jobholder is responsible for designing, implementing and evaluating the nursing education curricula and development of all care staff and trainees, such as the nursing students. She is also responsible to collaborate with stakeholders to achieve academic and clinical excellence in quality nursing care by ensuring that all care staff are provided with appropriate educational models, principles and best evidence-based practices for building their capabilities, maintaining competencies of their skills and updating of their knowledge
Nursing Education and Development
- Develop nursing curricula, teaching methodologies and learning activities that align content, teaching, learning and assessment methodologies with programme objectives and learning outcomes, which include:
- Adherence to educational standards as stipulated by Singapore Nursing Board.
- Maintenance of clinical education standards as stipulated by the Singapore Nursing Board’s ”Standards for Clinical Education”.
- Appropriate educational models, principles and evidence-based practices.
- Integrate innovative teaching and learning strategies in the delivery of training programmes to facilitate active learning and achievement of learning outcomes, which includes:
- Exploring new initiatives for the delivery of training courses, eg. LMS for E-learning platform, virtual reality technology, etc.
- Evaluating learning programmes using structured frameworks, such as Kirkpatrick’s Evaluation Mode
- Accredit continuing professional development programmes for nurses with recognised accreditation body, such as National Nursing Academy (NNA), where required.
Collaboration with Stakeholders
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, such as HR, Centre Managers, etc. for sponsorships, assigned locations for OJT, etc.
- Source for appropriate courses for building capabilities, improving competencies, updating clinical practices, etc. for all care staff.
- Conduct regular learning needs analysis for all care staff.
- Develop and review training roadmaps, competency skills framework, career progression of all care staff.
- Manage and review all care staff performances and eligibility for upgrading.
- Collaborate with multi-professional stakeholders, such as Allied Health Professionals, Doctors, etc. to execute training plans
- Adhere and work closely with regulatory bodies, such as SNB, government agencies, etc. for regulatory requirements for accreditation as Clinical Placement Provider for nursing students’ clinical attachments; sponsorships; as ATC, as LI, and any new initiatives, etc
- Liaise and coordinate with external stakeholders, such as educational institutions, healthcare institutions, government agencies, etc. for collaborations, eg. nursing students’ clinical attachments, sponsorships, career fairs, setting up as ATC, any new initiatives, etc
- Address situations of student underperformance or unsatisfactory clinical learning outcomes with nursing supervisors and educational institutions for resolution
- Participate in regular external meeting held by regulatory bodies and educational institutions, eg. Continuous Nursing Education Committee (CNEC) meeting, for nursing educational updates, regulatory requirements and standards of practices.
Admin & Ops
- Oversee the coordination of end-to-end logistics, such as preparation of training materials, logbooks, classrooms, equipment, items, etc.
- Oversee all administration aspects, such as processing of registrations, applications, claims, billings, training grants, etc.
- Plan and project for training supplies, such as equipment, items and consumables, etc.
- Manage and review feedback and evaluation of all training courses.
- Manage the costing, publicity, marketing and communications in relation to training calendar and courses to internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and coordinate with all internal and/or external trainers on their training schedules and training requirements
- Manage and review feedback and evaluation for all trainers.
- Plan and submit trainer’s monthly calendar, learning needs analysis, training plans and trainer hours report for processing of claims/billings, if applicable.
- Update and maintain credentials of all trainers, if applicable.
- Supervise Clinical Instructors to ensure students achieve clinical learning objectives.
- Manage and maintain up-to-date training databases, records and documentation in order to ensure proper tracking and reporting.
- Manage and review feedback and evaluation from all Trainees.
- Monitor student performance and patient outcomes during clinical placements.
- Monitor and evaluate training reports, feedback, assessments and audit reports for continuous improvement and quality of training.
- Review and plan training and audit processes, documents, and forms for better productivity and efficiency at work.
- Manage feedback and evaluations of all trainers, trainees, stakeholders, etc. for review of outcome measurements, such as effectiveness and efficiencies of training methods, materials, etc.
- Assist with review of training policies for continuous improvement and quality.
- Manage and prepare for audit by regulatory and government agencies, such as SNB, ITE and AIC, etc.
- Synthesise findings from education audit to align Continuing Professional Development programmes to be aligned with national directives and priorities.
- Assist with annual operational planning and training budget, when necessary.
- Plan and prepare for business and ops review meeting
- Any ad-hoc duties when assigned.
- Recognised Post basic Certificate/Advanced Diploma in Nursing or Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education (PGDHE) is an advantage