Sales & Service Development Program (WFH)
Full Job Description
Come play a key role in building the future of the Toronto Blue Jays! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Toronto Blue Jays we are committed to creating and growing teams that are fast-moving, bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Take your career to the Next Level
The Blue Jays Sales & Service Development Program is the natural starting point for emerging professionals seeking an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of sales and service. This program is a 12-month, entry level position focused on mentoring, coaching, and developing successful candidates to becoming product experts and industry-best salespeople. Graduates from this program will be well-positioned for available full-time opportunities available within the organization.
The Toronto Blue Jays Ticketing Team prioritizes a collaborative, inclusive culture, where learning is continuous, and each team member is empowered to achieve goals and objectives. Reporting to the Management teams within the Premium Seating, Memberships, and Group Sales departments, this role is primarily responsible for helping the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club generate new ticketing subscription sales, while learning the fundamentals of selling within the sports and entertainment industry.
- Answer all inbound sales calls and assist clients as needed
- Outbound sales calling to generate and drive ticket sales primarily in the consumer market
- Identify opportunities to upsell and cross sell to maximize ticket sales
- In person sales generation (e.g., in stadium, sales booths, trade shows)
- Leverage internal sales process to effectively drive new business
- Maintain a detailed touchpoint history in the Salesforce CRM by logging all customer data and interactions in a clear, timely manner
- Stay up to date with all products, pricing, and benefits
- Provide consistent, high level experience to all clients
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in and/or leading departmental product training sessions
- Exceed sales and revenue targets
- Work in conjunction with the entire Ticket Sales and Service team to uphold the mandates of the department regarding sales and service goals and objectives
- Assist with game day responsibilities, including client meetings, prospecting initiatives, and managing ticketing programs as required
- Sales background with outbound experience is an asset
- General business knowledge with a basic understanding of Blue Jays products and services
- Strong work ethic with a humble mentality
- A strong commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience
- Willingness to be coached, with an appetite to learn and get better every day
- Ability to work collaboratively, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Commitment to our team – we want you to succeed!
- Ongoing, hands-on training to help you develop your skills
- Excellent employee discount to use towards Jays gear
- A unique employment experience working for the only MLB team in Canada
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Sales & Account Management
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.