JMT Consultants Inc.
Tekla Administrator (WFH)
Full Job Description
JMT Consultants Inc. – Winnipeg, Manitoba
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
JMT Consultants Inc. is a growing structural consulting firm seeking a motivated Tekla Administrator to join our dedicated team. For individuals outside of the Winnipeg area, we offer an exciting relocation expenses package. We will also consider the opportunity to work remotely for the right candidate.
The right candidate for this position is someone with extensive experience in using Tekla Structures and setting it up and writing helpful documentation on how to use that setup. This person will be pivotal in handling frontline Tekla technical issues for projects. This person will work closely with our Tekla API programming department in testing and documenting new tools. This person will handle all model creation and Tekla license administration and take care of project-specific tweaks to model templates to meet customer needs. If you are highly organized, like documenting processes, and are driven by getting into template editor rules and intelligent custom components, this is the role for you. For the right candidate, it’s an opportunity to grow into learning the Tekla API to help with project-specific reporting and detailing needs as well.
At JMT Consultants Inc., we value our team members and offer a complete medical benefits package, vacation/sick time, flexible work hours, and a relaxed office environment. We provide an annual company retreat, and all team members receive a profit-sharing yearly bonus.
- Creates the Tekla model, project folder, and communication channels for all new projects.
- Tekla Structures project-specific templates, reports, catalogs, and custom components.
- Write/update client standards documents for Tekla.
- Test and document new Tekla model and drawing tools developed by our in-house Tekla API software development group.
- Periodically do complex modeling/connections tasks as required.
- 10+ years as a steel detailer with previous shop or field experience is a plus.
- 5+ years of recent Tekla Structures production detailing experience.
- 2+ years of being a Tekla Administrator proven in the complete setup of Tekla Structures.
- Experience in writing detailing & instructional manuals.
- Extensive knowledge in creating and setting up drawing and report templates using the template editor, including drawing layouts.
- Knowledge of Tekla Structures drawing object level and drawing settings.
- Canadian Citizenship/Legally able to work in Canada
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume through Indeed.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Tekla: 5 years (required)
- Steel detailing: 10 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Winnipeg, MB
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.