Tate & Lyle Sugars
ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
Processing and packing of Tate & Lyle and customer branded products on a 3 shift basis (0600-1400, 1400-2200,2200-0600).
POSITION STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND KEY DELIVERABLES
- 14 packaging lines with many varied SKUs, and complex syrup processing equipment.
- Approximately 24,000 tonnes throughput per annum of high value sugar base products that are distributed to customers in the UK and worldwide
- 30 million units of syrup products per year
- 4000 tonnes of small packet dry sugar and sweetener products per year
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operation of plant in compliance with all SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment & Quality) standards
- Achievement of required production and OEE targets.
- Material released under ‘concession’ and unessesary waste minimised by maintaining tight specifications.
- Adherence to BRC and customer standards with accurate recording of operational and traceability data.
- Good working knowledge of the entire Plaistow operation.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Good team worker & communicator but must also be able to work alone.
- Self motivated with a desire for personal & process development.
- Good computer skills especially Word & Excel.
- Good level of numeracy & literacy.
- Ability to provide basic holiday/sick cover for Team Leader or Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCES
- Relevant experience within a Packing/Production environment.
- Good knowledge of complex Packing and Process operations essential.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Educated to GCSE English, Mathematics & Science, & preferably City & Guilds in Process Plant Operation.
At Tate & Lyle Sugars, the group’s values are the cornerstone of our success.
Leadership – our goal is to be the leader in every arena in which we compete. Teamwork – our strength is magnified when we work together. Integrity – honesty and trust are the foundation of our success.Service – we know that the people and communities in which we operate are crucial partners to our success. Sustainability – the member companies of ASR Group are committed to sustainable agricultural and business practices.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.