BOC – BBPLC – Private Bank
Full Job Description
Job Title: BOC – BBPLC – Private Bank
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full-service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations, and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework, and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enables us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage the day-to-day compliance responsibilities and work closely with the regional and global teams on compliance-related matters pertaining to the Non-Banking Finance Company for the Private Bank Business cluster as well as local regulatory requirements
What will you be doing?
- Business and another advisory, communication, and escalation:
- Provide day-to-day advice and check and challenge the business on all relevant matters pertaining to NBFC business including escalating significant matters promptly, providing additional information where requested, analyzing/interpreting legal, regulatory and internal policy/procedure issues;
- Maintain regular communication/liaison with relevant senior management, business and others to ensure that they are aware of the business and regulatory risks, including advising them of significant policy matters, regulatory changes, audits and inspections and breaches, if any.
- Work closely with the team to enhance the local compliance culture in the entity through a range of methods, including attendance at local business/other team meetings as appropriate, training, engagement with local risk management, operations and front office staff, identification of and sharing best practices.
- Active involvement in the product approval procedure (from initial discussion stage to roll out of new products) and provide a holistic view on the product and help the business in determining an appropriate control and governance framework.
- Contribute to local, regional and global team meetings/calls, helping identify and share best practices
- Work with local business(es) to address issues identified
- Implement robust management reporting processes on all regulatory and policy matters internally, within Private Bank and to regulatory bodies, to ensure timely submission of regular and ad-hoc MI (including but not restricted to conduct risk MI) and input to Region, London, and to all local/other Compliance, Board or Committee reporting.
Regulatory and other authority liaison:
- Managing regulators’ visits, audits and inspections.
- Manage implementation of new regulatory initiatives pertaining to compliance and communicate regulatory requirements to the front office.
- Ensure timely escalation to senior management in case of issues, pending regulatory requirements
- Ensure that appropriate compliance induction, annual refresher, and other topical training is delivered locally/centrally and completed by all staff within agreed timeframes, to include producing or sourcing (e.g. from the central team) the material as required, and ensuring that completion records are maintained locally/centrally.
- Develop and deliver specific regulatory training locally, according to identified risks.
What we’re looking for:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the regulatory requirements across the functional areas.
- Robust understanding of the various products and services offered by the Private Bank business cluster with a focus on RBI guidelines for NBFC business
- Postgraduate qualification (CA/CS/MBA) and relevant experience commensurate with AVP role gained in the legal or compliance departments of an international investment bank or large domestic institution.
- Strong knowledge of the Indian business environment.
- Ability to work closely with other functions to find both technical and procedural solutions.
- Quick thinker with the ability to understand complex transactions and explain compliance issues clearly and concisely.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to take independent decisions and guide the business as well as to handle areas of difference with business and escalate.
- Detail-oriented, strong team player with a proven track record.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Commercial Effectiveness: Including client and conduct focus and commerciality.
- Control Environment: Including risk management.
- Business Skills: Including delivery of solutions and decision-making.
- Management & Leadership: Including people development.
- Personal & Interpersonal Skills: Including communication, influence, and collaboration.
- Technical Knowledge.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
Candidates having prior experience in SEBI/Reserve Bank of India/Exchange matters will be preferred
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.Barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values, and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency, and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation and use our energy, expertise, and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
The question is whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.