Global Indian International School Pte. Ltd.
Subject Knowledge and Methodological Competence
- Understanding curriculum standards and Principles of Chemistry.
- Creating stimulating lesson plans to foster maximum student’s engagement in Chemistry
- Strategizing lessons to create student’s interest in Chemistry with analogies from daily life situations and examples.
- Adjusting teaching practices to support differentiated learning.
- Supervising lab sessions, guiding students on Individual assessments, delivering practical demonstrations.
- Developing experimental and investigative scientific skills including the use of current technologies
- Creating real world connections via transdisciplinary and cross- curricular approach to bring out the nature of science
- Appreciating scientific study and creativity within a global context through stimulating and challenging opportunities
- Guiding students to be critically aware, as global citizens, of the ethical implications of using science and technology
- Developing an understanding of the relationships between scientific disciplines and their influence on other areas of knowledge.
- Creating a critical awareness of the need for, and the value of, effective collaboration and communication during scientific activities
- Developing an ability to analyse, evaluate and synthesize scientific information
- Taking part in the process of mentoring and supervising of the Extended Essay component of the CLSP,IGCSE,CBSE for Chemistry.
- Willing to teach Chemistry across the age and for the CLSP,IGCSE,CBSE (Grades 6 &10).
- Identifying and teaching study skills that will develop students ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Planning activities and worksheets aligned to foster approaches to learning.
- Demonstrates the necessary subject knowledge and methodological strategies to effectively educate students.
- Assists in managing curriculum and study courses for the student’s development.
- Provides students with structure and support in a safe learning environment to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and morally.
- Introduces new study patterns among the students to develop their interest and do regular studies.
- Gives practical analysis of the courses to create interest.
- Develops the lesson plan in accordance with the curriculum guidelines, and presents the lesson plans to the academic coordinators for approval.
- Plans lessons based on inquiry, focussed on conceptual understanding, differentiated to meet the needs of all learners and informed by assessment (formative and summative)
- Reviews the feedback from the academic coordinators and revises the lesson plans accordingly
- Keeps up to date with the latest teaching aids, such as the use of technology in classroom learning, and integrate these into the teaching process
- Creates challenging and engaging learning opportunities for students, and fosters a classroom atmosphere that is conducive for learning
- Develops worksheets, handouts, and other learning materials in line with the lesson plan and curriculum, as well as the assessments and examinations.
- Responsible for the timely marking and correction of assignments completed by the students
- Creates a well-organized, orderly and task-oriented learning environment.
- Assesses students’ progress and reports to the principal about them. Conduct assessment tests to evaluate students’ progress
- Assesses, records and reports on the development, progress and results of students
- Identifies students who may require additional assistance, academic or non-academic, and ensures they receive the necessary support
- Contributes to extra-curricular activities and participates in school activities such as assemblies, meetings and conferences
- Ensures the safety of students at all times
Reflection and Development:
- Reflects regularly on the development of personal and professional capabilities.
- Communicates the development of students to the Coordinator & Principal.
Focussed on effective teamwork and collaboration:
- Collaborates with other teachers to share new ideas, teaching approaches, content and professional knowledge
- Communicates and provides feedback to the parents during the Parent Teacher Meetings, and whenever necessary Interpersonal Competence:
- Creates an atmosphere of trust by dealing with students in a positive and open way.
- Ensures open communication channel and coordination with parents and others involved in the education and development of the students.
- Enables students understand their strengths and weaknesses in order to support their learning and personal development.
- Graduate & Bachelor in Education (Specialisation in chemistry for senior teacher)
- Preferred Masters in Chemistry with International Teaching Qualification / Certificate that qualifies for accreditation according to CLSP,IGCSE,CBSE educational system.
- Computer literacy, is required to work on software.
- Fluent English Level: reading, writing, speaking; a professional command of the English language.
- Strong technology application skills.
- Ability to support Blended cum Hybrid Learning.
- Competent in applying the principles of Digital Pedagogy.
- 3-5 years of Teaching experience
Graduate & Bachelor in Education/Preferred Masters in the desired Subject with International Teaching Qualification