Software Development Manager, Voice for Auto
Where does 40% of audio listening happen? In vehicles! Come help us create the greatest in car music experience with Amazon Music! Our group is singularly responsible to delight customers no matter how they use Amazon Music in their car. Our vision is to create a completely seamless experience when the customer gets the right content at the right time, every time. We’re currently adding customer at a rate of 50% year-over-year.
We own the experiences on major established platforms including Car Mode, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. In this role, you will specifically lead our voice experiences in the car, including integration with Siri and Google Assistant, and obviously, Alexa.
As an engineering leader in the Automotive group, you will hire and develop a team of iOS and full-stack Android engineers. In collaboration with product management, UX design and business development, your team will create engaging and delightful multi-modal experiences for the car, spanning voice and visual user interfaces.
You are an experienced technical leader that has fostered a fast moving culture of experimentation and quality; you’ve successfully delivered multiple consumer facing applications. You love identifying and solving dysfunctions when they occur, but are proactive at creating scalable mechanisms to prevent them for your team. You grow your leaders by delegating big ambiguous problem spaces for them to own and are ready to coach them on code reviews and design. You champion your teams and continuously raise the bar.
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- Experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience leading mobile engineering teams for delightful consumer product
- Experience building and operating highly scalable software systems used in production
- Knowledge of AWS services and technologies
- Ability to handle multiple contending priorities in an energizing environment
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in service oriented architecture and API design
- Extraordinary customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills
- Strong track record launching and operating high impact customer features
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.