Sourcing Executive, Sourcing
The Sourcing Executive primary responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing the marketplace to find the broadest set of capable manufactures globally who provide the best product cost, quality and delivery objectives – insuring maximum bottom-line impact
Managing the supplier manufacturing process to insure they meet delivery performance metrics. Also influencing the supplier’s manufacturing processes, technology decisions and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations.
- Managing the supplier relationship on an ongoing basis including holding the supplier to quality and compliance requirements as administered by Amazon’s product compliance team
- Audit Qualification and Management of new suppliers
- Collaborating with other members of the team including Compliance, Product Management, and Instock Management on new products and new sourcing strategies
- Identifying and developing relevant quality protocols and a system for managing quality on an ongoing basis
- Partnering closely with cross functional teams including the retail category teams, product compliance, social accountability, trade compliance, finance, transportation, and suppliers to deliver on brand equity, net revenue, and customer satisfaction.
A day in the life
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess amazing negotiation abilities, partner management skills, project management skills, strong financial acumen, a high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be a great team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree – 2+ years of sourcing, Supplier Onboarding, Audit qualifications – Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction – Proven experience in developing long-term relationships, and negotiating strategic agreements to ensure constant cost and quality improvements. – Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data –
The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills – Proficient in Excel, SQL and Programming languages
- Proficient in Business Writing Skills
Graduate – Bcom/BE/Btech with familiarity of procurement systems, Oracle financial applications, other third party information systems and ability to learn proprietary systems – Knowledge of manufacturing, global supply chain, and regulatory requirements – Experience building out a private label program in a retail environment – Experience with a general merchandise retailer or consumer packaged goods company – Experience in hardline product categories such as Appliances, Electronics, Furniture, Kitchen, Home etc. is preferred
Proficient in Advance Excel, Knowledge in SQL is preferable, Good communication skills
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.