At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Amazon is seeking Team Lead for its Transportation team.
- Defining, building and responsible for the execution of transportation processes, right from FC to customers and leveraging our Sort Center network.
- Responsible for Hiring, training and building up a highly motivated workforce for the SC teams, with support from HR and training team , to meet the operational requirements, and continuously meeting the high bar on quality and productivity.
- Coordinate with Finance, CS, FC and Projects team to matters related to SC operations.
- Continuously improve the SC process and attain a sustained level of performance standard. Initiates improvements to enhance quality standards, reduce waste, and eliminate unnecessary work.
- Analysis of the data reports to identify performance bottlenecks and improve the performance.
- Implement the formal process control and process improvement mechanisms such as Kaizen
- Experience in logistics desirable and the experience in courier industry highly preferred
- People management experience. Experience in handling field team is highly desirable.
- Experience in handling live operations preferred (wherein real-time decision making capability & bias for action is a must)
- MBA desirable.
- Experience in process improvement preferred with additional benefits for knowledge of specific methodologies such has Six Sigma, Kaizen etc.
To apply for this job please visit amazon.jobs.