The SCADA Operations team is responsible for India, Greater Asia, and the Pacific region with a total of 13 professional team members.
We are looking for a SCADA Engineer who has the experience and competency to coordinate a complete SCADA Project and be part of a multi-cultural team You will report to the SCADA Operations Lead located in India (IN).
- The primary goal of this position is to carry out the detailed engineering of the SCADA system, OFC
- Network, SCADA installations, and configuration
- Creation and review of Technical Requirement Specifications, Design Descriptions
- Design and Troubleshoot the Network issue remotely and on-site
- Creation and review of Test & Verification Procedures and Reports
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance for installed SCADA systems.
- On-call technical support to remote sites
- Reports on system status and coordination for updates
- The SCADA Engineer will be the primary point of contact for the SBU Region for all SCADA activities including technical advisory and collaborating with the ASP SCADA team and global SCADA regardless of the project phase – Sales, Construction, or Service
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communication or Electrical Engineering with 6 to 8 yr of experience or equivalent
- Experience in working with SCADA systems, e.g. in Wind Power Plants or the power industry
- Experience in AB PLC programming and automation
- Expérience in communication Protocol (MODBUS, DNP, OPC, IEC, etc.)
- Familiar with fiber optic principles, termination, and testing equipment/techniques
- Core competencies in networking fundamentals
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft OS, Server, and SQL including administrative functionalities
- Skilled in Microsoft Office & Excel
- MSCE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) & HP server experience preferred
- Ability to organize and influence activities with internal and external customers
- Fluent in English and good verbal and written abilities
- Travel throughout India and ASP region to support site activities and travel and work internationally.
- Effectively communicate across all levels within the organization regarding complex technical and commercial issues
- Ability to work in an environment using a decentralized, team-based approach
- Good communication and presentation skills
What We Offer
As a part of SCADA Support India, Chennai, you will be a key partner in delivering one of the Vestas Construction & Service deliverables – Capturing the Full potential of Sales and Service Business
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.