West Park Healthcare Centre
Food Services Associate
Full Job Description
- High School (Gr. 12) diploma
- Successful completion and maintenance (renew every 5 years) of the Department of Health’s Food Handler’s Course or equivalent
- Food Service Workers (FSW) certification preferred
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language well
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to prepare and mix ingredients for basic recipes as required.
- Ability to work effectively with others within a team setting and with minimal supervision
- Physical stamina to meet food production targets and timelines
- Previous food handling experience in a commercial food operation (preferably healthcare) preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of therapeutic diets and typical Canadian foods (what they are and how to prepare) preferred
- Knowledge of food service equipment use and maintenance preferred
- Available to work 2 weekends out of 3
- Must be available to work variable shifts and Portering if assigned
- An employee’s disciplinary record will be reviewed as part of the assessment of qualifications
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the centre’s core values and helps patients get their life back
- Should be aware of conditions and measures that may affect the safety of patients, residents, students, employees, volunteers, physicians and visitors
- Portion and/or prepare menu items as per daily production tally sheets. Light food preparation of sandwiches, salad/salad plates and simple desserts.
- Serve food/drink on patient tray line according to written order on tray ticket.
- Set up, tidy, and replenish serving station after each meal. Clean and sanitize kitchen equipment, work surfaces, appliances, etc. as per established procedures. Special cleaning as assigned to maintain kitchen to health department standards.
- Finish meal trays at the pantry level by adding hot beverages, ice cream or bananas to the trays as needed to complete the meal order. Record food temperatures. Drop finished meal carts off at patient units. Deliver water jugs and/or patient snacks as required ensuring the correct patient is identified.
- Deliver/pick-up food carts from patient floors before and after meal times. Operate tugger for transport of carts to and from West wing.
- Wash pots and pans; operate pot and pan washing machine. Clean cooking equipment.
- Participate in the dishwashing process for varying lengths of time according to posted work station rotation. (strip line, offloading, racking dirty dishes, cleaning cutlery, etc.) Responsible for proper dishwasher and garbarator operation and cleaning. Clean dishwashing area at end of day. Handle garbage as required.
- Load dish caddies with clean dishes, utensils, domes and trays necessary for patient meal service and deliver back to kitchen preparation and serving areas.
- Strict adherence to established food safety/handling and infection control procedures. Frequent hand washing required.
- Performs various Food Services Associate job routines with variable shifts (day, evening and weekend).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at West Park Healthcare Centre employees are required to be fully vaccinated in accordance with the hospital’s COVID-19 Immunization Policy. Accommodations to this requirement under the Ontario Human Rights Code may be available subject to supporting evidence.
At West Park Healthcare Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, an important part of living our brand. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community. Our accessible employment practices are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter. For further assistance please contact the Human Resources Department at (416) 243-3600 extension 4637.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.