Transportation Representative, AV
TOC (Transportation Operation Center) is the central command and control center for ‘Transportation Execution’ across the Amazon Supply Chain network supporting multiple geographies like NA, India and EU. It ensures hassle free, timely pick-up and delivery of freight from vendors to Amazon fulfillment centers (FC) and from Amazon FCs to carrier hubs.
In case of any exceptions, TOC steps in to resolve the issue and keeps all the stakeholders informed on the proceedings. Along with this tactical problem solving TOC is also charged with understanding trends in network exceptions and then automating processes or proposing process changes to streamline operations. This second aspect involves network monitoring and significant analysis of network data.
Overall, TOC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon transportation and thereby has a direct impact on Amazon’s ability to serve its customers on time.
Purview of a Trans Ops Specialist
A Trans Ops Specialist at TOC facilitates flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolves any potential issues that impacts customer experience and business continuity. Trans Ops Specialist at TOC works across two verticals – Inbound and Outbound operations.
Inbound Operations deals with Vendor/Carrier/FC relationship, ensuring that the freight is picked-up on time and is delivered at FC as per the given appointment. Trans Ops Specialist on Inbound addresses any potential issues occurring during the lifecycle of pick-up to delivery.
Outbound Operations deals with FC/Carrier/Carrier Hub relationship, ensuring that the truck leaves the FC in order to delivery customer orders as per promise. Trans Ops Specialist on Outbound addresses any potential issues occurring during the lifecycle of freight leaving the FC and reaching customer premises.
A Trans Ops Specialist provides timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching and querying internal tools and by taking real-time decisions. An ideal candidate should be able to understand the requirements/be able to analyze data and notice trends and be able to drive Customer Experience without compromising on time. The candidate should have the basic understanding of Logistics and should be able to communicate clearly in the written and oral form. Trans Ops Specialist should be able to ideate process improvements and should have the zeal to drive them to conclusion.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers)
· Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed is a plus.
· Develop and/or understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
· Ability to scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by TOC.
· Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data.
· Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
· Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed.
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one may be required to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
- Providing real-time customer experience by working in 24*7 operating environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-24 months of work experience.
- Good communication skills – Trans Ops Specialist will be facilitating flow of information between external teams
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel (pivot tables, vlookups)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team in a very dynamic environment
- Logistics background and lean/six sigma training is a plus
- Proficient in SQL
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.