Commercial Lawyer (WFH)
Full Job Description
COMMERCIAL LAWYERS – 3+ YEARS’ PQE
(VARIO MANAGED LEGAL SERVICES TEAM)
UK/HYBRID WORKING/FULLTIME OR PART TIME
The Vario group is a practice group within Pinsent Masons which brings together some of the firm’s “alternative legal services” such as, Vario Flexible Services, Brook Graham (the firm’s diversity and inclusion business), Managed Legal Services, Consulting and Technology and Legal Project Management. The Vario group is operating in the UK, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Germany with plans to provide services in various other jurisdictions.
Clients are experiencing legal challenges which take up valuable time and resource. This work is not necessarily of a strategic nature, but it is important and requires legal expertise.
Through our Managed Legal Services, we design outcomes focussed solutions with clients, combining high quality, flexible and agile people with tech to meet these needs.
Our clients achieve more through simplification, standardisation and automation of their processes and documents.
Our Managed Legal Services offerings cover:
- ‘Business as usual’ work, including commercial contracts, document reviews, corporate housekeeping and commercial property.
- Acting as outsourced legal departments for all or specific legal issues and resolve them as if we were acting as an internal counsel
- Major projects such as multi-jurisdictional reviews, or checking and novating contracts because of DP or other regulatory risk.
Utilising a combination of technology, lawyers, legal project managers and paralegals Vario will begin servicing the needs of the client and delivering a continual stream of legal support.
We are now seeking to appoint a number of Commercial Lawyers on a permanent employed basis to join our Managed Legal Services team. This is an exciting time to join a newly established team with a high growth trajectory.
What we are looking for
- We are keen to hear from England & Wales qualified lawyers with 3+ years’ PQE gained within a busy private practice or inhouse legal team.
- Technical excellence in drafting, reviewing and advising on a wide range of mainstream commercial contracts work including NDA’s.
- Specific experience of working on data protection advice would be an added advantage
- Highly responsive and able to work to deadlines
- Familiar and comfortable with working with technology for document drafting, review and matter management
- Superb organisation skills with an acute attention to detail
Is this the right role for me?
This role would suit a candidate who is looking for:
- A strong work/life balance and a move away from a long hours culture, working fixed hours per week on either a full time or part time basis
- Unusual working patterns as hours can be varied according to individual needs
- An environment without billing targets and business development responsibilities
- A hybrid working role which can be based anywhere in the UK.
What can we offer you?
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days’ annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- The ability to claim up to 5 days towards parental or caring responsibilities;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- We envisage this role being full time, however, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements.
Pinsent Masons won the ‘Best Talent and Inclusion’ award at The Lawyer Awards 2022 and is the only law firm named in the top 16 most inclusive businesses in Europe by the Financial Times Diversity Leaders Report. The firm is named amongst the top inclusive UK employers for the 16th consecutive year by LGBT+ equality charity Stonewall in its Workplace Equality Index and won the Legal Business ‘Law Firm of the Year’ award in 2021. Go to www.pinsentmasons.com/accolades to view all of our global awards and nominations.
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Anwen Wallington who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
#BACK TO BACK
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.