Rimini Street, Inc.
Technology Support Engineer (WFH)
Full Job Description
The company is widely recognized by clients, leading industry analysts (including Gartner, Forrester, Constellation Research and Nucleus), and financial analysts as the leader in a large, fast-growing market with tremendous upside and an extremely strong value proposition that resonates with CIOs and CFOs.
We actively seek a Support Engineer, OBIEE . This role can be based anywhere in India, Hyderabad.
We’re building something special at Rimini Street. A company where people care about each other and trust each other to do the right thing. A company where highly intelligent and talented people come together to do challenging and meaningful work that makes a real difference to our clients, ending each day with a sense of achievement and balance in their lives.
The role of the Engineer, OBIEE is to provide exceptional remote-based support for mission-critical Oracle Technology products as part of our global Managed Services support team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate complex customer issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of Oracle Technology and develop an action plan to resolve issues, either directly or through promotion to our Product Support Team (L4).
- Provide hands-on assistance to end-users via remote client connectivity or collaborative web meeting
- Work closely with end-users on a daily basis to understand their needs, support business change and deliver a consistently high-quality customer experience
- Replicate reported issues as needed for troubleshooting
- Provide new or modified application configuration to resolve incidents
- Advise end-users and junior coworkers on functionality and capabilities
- Recommend changes to training based on incident volumes and trends
- Create scripts to identify, analyze and correct data issues
- Perform monitoring, health check and performance tuning tasks
- Security assessments and database hardening
- High availability and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Thoroughly document change requests, test results, and approvals
- Develop test scripts for new/changed application capabilities
- Be a pro-active contributor to a support organization which is running 24x7x365, this will require the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays and monitor email regularly outside standard business hours
- Collaborate with team members in a virtual team environment to extend field experience to different client situations
- Contribute to the development and management of knowledge-sharing methodologies, diagnostic tools, and creative processes, to improve the client experience
- India, Hyderabad
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of relevant OBIEE
- 3 + years of direct support of diversified implementations of multiple Oracle Technology products in a corporate environment
- Must have woked on OBIA, ODI
- Solid understanding of architectural design, deployment, capacity planning and performance tuning of Oracle Databases.
- Demonstrated experience upgrading, patching, and tuning Production Databases and Middleware components
- Expertise with current and past versions of Oracle technologies and ability to articulate the differences between releases and potential benefits to clients. Candidates with experience in 12.2 will be given preference as this is a MUST.
- Demonstrable history of conceptualizing, architecting/designing, implementing, and supporting complex new and already implemented Oracle Technology product-based solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in problem-solving
- Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with Clients
- Deep knowledge of Oracle database and related products (RAC, OBIEE, ODI, OBIEE & Application Integration Architecture
- Good knowledge of Oracle development tools and deployment methodologies.
- Excellent English communication skills – verbal & written are required
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Extreme focus on Client satisfaction
- Ability to work calmly and professionally in high-pressure situations
- The ability to work remotely from a home-based office in a virtual environment
- The best candidates will have extensive knowledge of Oracle database administration.
- Experience with GoldenGate, DataGuard and RMAN
- A consulting background, while not mandatory, would be useful
- Experience supporting a major Oracle ERP like PeopleSoft, Siebel, JD Edwards, eBusiness Suite, or Fusion Middleware Components, while not mandatory, would be useful
- Participate in a 24x7x365 On Call rotation with other team members.
- This position is required to support clients in specific business hours
Rimini Street, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMNI) is a global provider of enterprise software products and services, the leading third-party support provider for Oracle and SAP software products and a Salesforce partner. The Company offers premium, ultra-responsive and integrated application management and support services that enable enterprise software licensees to save significant costs, free up resources for innovation and achieve better business outcomes. More than 2,000 global Fortune 500, midmarket, public sector and other organizations from a broad range of industries rely on Rimini Street as their trusted application enterprise software products and services provider.
Be Treated Like the Best
- Rimini Street hires only the best – and provides the compensation, bonus and benefit programs appropriate for proven top-performing professionals. We want our employees to have an opportunity to share in the financial success that results from our dedication to service excellence, high-quality deliverables and an unparalleled client experience
- No bureaucracy, thousand-page rule books or politics — just everyone working together to build a great company through service excellence and client success
- Work hard, play hard environment – Rimini Street is a group of hard-working professionals who are passionate about achieving success, but we also enjoy opportunities to meet up at fun company events
- We are also passionate about giving back to our communities around the world, with plenty of opportunities for volunteering and charity through the Rimini Street Foundation
- All Rimini Street professionals are encouraged to grow and learn new skills
Accelerating Company Growth
- Trading on Nasdaq under ticker symbol RMNI since October 2017
- Added to the US Russell 2000® Index in 2018
- Over 2,000 active clients, including 100 of the Fortune 500 and Global 100
- 2019 fiscal year revenue of $281.1 million, up 10.9% year over year
- Expanded operations in Eastern Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia and the Middle East in 2019
- Launched the global availability of Application Management Services for Salesforce, SAP and Oracle
Recent Industry Recognition
- Received 34 awards in 2019, including 24 awards for excellence in customer service from awards companies such as the International Stevie Awards, the American Stevie Awards, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service
- Honored with two gold Stevie awards for Company of the Year in 2019,
- The Rimini Street Foundation also recognized with a Stevie award in 2019 for Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year
In 2019, Rimini Street also partnered with 68 charities around the world through the Rimini Street Foundation, providing financial contributions, in-kind donations and more than 800 employee volunteer hours, and expanded its charitable work to Germany and Taiwan.
To learn more about how Rimini Street is redefining the enterprise software support industry, visit http://www.riministreet.com
Rimini Street is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.