Treasury Analyst (WFH)
Full Job Description
Job Title: Treasury Analyst
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £40,000 – £55,000 + up to 20% bonus + benefits
Location: Flexible, we could support fully remote or hybrid working from any of our UK offices in London, Cardiff, Durham, Manchester, or Blackpool
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save. With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham, and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal. We’ve taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we’re engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
The Treasury Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Treasury Function in the management of the Liquidity, Funding and Market risks of the Bank as well as developing the systems and controls that the Bank uses to manage these risks. The successful candidate can expect to be involved in supporting the strategy of the Bank from day one.
The Treasury Team
Tandem Bank’s Treasury Function is a small risk management unit whose purpose is to allow the Bank to grow safely in a controlled manner while managing its funding base in a prudent, cost-efficient way. The role as Treasury Analyst will see you working with all areas of the business, giving you an unparalleled view of how a small Bank works. You will be joining the Bank at an exciting point in its evolution as it looks to grow its Balance Sheet significantly in the coming years. This growth will inevitably lead to opportunities to develop yourself quickly while becoming a leading voice in both a close-knit Treasury team and the larger Finance function.
What you will be working on:
- Responsible for daily cash management, ensuring cash balances are within limits by end of day and all payment obligations are met
- Producing hedging proposals and executing trades via Bloomberg
- Daily collateral management
- Preparation of the monthly ALCo pack and attending meetings
- Supporting in the implementation of a new Treasury and ALM system to aid in the management of all Treasury related risks
- Developing Treasury Management Information provided to various stakeholders and improving the overarching Governance framework
- Assisting the regulatory team with the preparation of liquidity returns
- Performing ad-hoc financial analysis and analysing the impact to the Bank’s key metrics
- Carrying out daily Treasury operational duties
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Previous experience of working in the Treasury of a Financial Institution
- Has good knowledge of UK regulation
- Has a background in risk and control
- A desire to embark upon a Treasury related professional qualification
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land in early 2023!
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Perkbox for treats and discounts
- Pension contribution
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a week for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.